Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Quilted Place Mats

 
I quilted these place mats using a disappearing 9 patch that has been window paned.  I followed this video.  By all means, they are not perfect, but I'm really happy that I learned a lot about my sewing machine as I completely made this by machine; I even machine quilted them.

They were VERY easy to make since most of the squares came straight from this charm pack.  FYI - a charm pack is precut squares of fabric.  I did have to add a few squares of a different fabric and the  black to make these this size and to have 5 of them for our family.  I didn't take a picture of the back, but I used a mostly black fabric with dancing skeletons for the baking.  Now, I am looking for an awesome Christmas themed charm pack!

1 comment:

  1. These are so much fun for October!! They turned out great!!

    ReplyDelete